On Jun 12, 2007, at 10:47 AM, t3rinity wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi thanks for the quick response. Still I feel that she is tiptoeing
around the points. These points or rather my main point is, that
within the Saraswati Order, as well as two others within the Dasanami
System, only Brahmins can be made Swamis, period. This is different
for Puri and Giri, Bharati and most other. Swami G is simply not
addressing this.

IOW GD could not even have made MMY a Swami, even if he would have
wanted. Therefore MMY's status as non-Swami does not signify a lack of
qualification. Being close to GD in a visible way, does this mean he
was deprived of the essential teachings or transmissions, because
outdated caste-regulations would prescribe it that way? I leave that
up to everyones judgement, and I cannot say it myself 100%, but I must
say, that I don't believe it.

What I was getting from Ron and Swami G's comments was that since Mahesh could not be initiated as a swami--as Sw. G sees it from her direct experience being in that living tradition--he would not be able to be initiated into the secrets of the tradition. Nonetheless he acts as if he was initated by SBS into the tradition. If he didn't have the inside scoop on the tradition, he couldn't teach it nor could he be a line-holder. Therefore the story that TM was received from SBS is patently false. This is not to say that Mahesh or the TMO has not him-hawed around how and where TM came from: one hears different stories as to specifics. But essentially one is left to conclude it's not a lineal transmission and there's some story- telling going on from Mr. Varma.

I should further add that the appellation "yogi" added to his name is also claimed to be false by one of his guru-bhais.