Hi,

----- Mensaje Original -----
De: Matthias Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fecha: Lunes, Noviembre 25, 2002 2:44 pm

> On 2002-11-22, Aitor Santamarķa Merino wrote:
> > (2) In fact, I was expecting to reflect ALL the calls except the
> change> codepage (generic IOCTL) to the next driver in the chain,
> how can I do
> > it?
>
> ? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. NLSFUNC just loops around,
> checking every driver by itself. If the driver is suitable (by its
> attributes) it will get called, otherwise it will get skipped.
[...]

Quite interesting... So I don't need to bother reflecting back the
change-codepage call to the other CON drivers in the chain after me.

However let me rephrase my question again:

What I want is to do the lazy (and easy) way, meaning that as
DISPLAY.SYS is a CON driver, in theory it should implement the open/etc
calls as any other CON driver.
What I expected is to catch only the generic IOCTL/change codepage call,
and ignore the others. And in case it is possible, if it is due to me to
reflect the other calls (open/etc) to the previous CON driver so that it
can do the hard work...
Specially because if NANSI was loaded before me, it should be desirable
to be itself who realizes the work of printing to screen, etc.

> > (3) Suppose someone install DISPLAY.SYS before ANSI.SYS. Can I
> expect> that ANSI (or other CON driver loaded later) will reflect
> to me any
> > call?
>
> No, not really. In DOS issues before 4.0, if you would have wanted
> to use both, ANSI.SYS and DISPLAY.SYS, you had to install ANSI.SYS
> first, then DISPLAY.SYS. Otherwise ANSI.SYS would have "covered up"
> DISPLAY.SYS' functionality.

Aha!! But in such case, I shouldn't worry, because NLSFUNC would call me
afterwards anyway, right?

What about the other way round? (DISPLAY is loaded after ANSI)

> However, recent issues of MS-DOS/PC DOS ANSI.SYS and DISPLAY.SYS
> seem to have undocumented interfaces to directly communicate with
> each other. How this actually works in all cases is not completely
> clear to me yet, but ANSI.SYS' INT 2FINT 2Fhandshaking (please see
> older posts for more details on them).
I'll do my best. If someone has these references more handy, please
don't bother to forward them to me, I can't remember if I have them.
Were you the author of these, Matthias?

Aitor