i'm a chat host at cathobbyist.com, and i just had to find some CRF (chronic renal failure; sorry if most of you know what the initials mean, but i try not to assume!) info for a chatter--i went to yahoogroups.com and did a search--and there are a LOT of them--hard to tell which to try first, but i'd go with some of the larger ones. google is always another good option for resources...

(belinda, why am i thinking that you are on a crf list?)

here's one that came highly recommended on another list (oh, for all i know it came from THIS list--my memory is getting progressively randomly accessible...): Tanya's UK Feline Chronic Renal Failure/symptoms

sub-q hydrating at home is so easy (not to mention cheap compared to having the vet do it)--and folks i've known with CRF kitties usually only had to hydrate every 3 days or so, so the travelling wouldn't necessarily get in the way.

she could also contact rescue groups in her area to see if there's anyone there she could hire to do the hydrating for her if she really doesn't think she can do it herself--one of my friends has a vet tech do it for her when necessary... another option is to find a cat or dog breeder to help out--that's what i had to do when i was having surgery in the middle of a course of injections for one of my cats....

MC

Barbara Lowe wrote:
The vet for my sister's maine coon mix feels her cat is in kidney failure.
he suggested hydrating the cat  for 48 hours at office to see if can
jumpstart him. ($600) and then maybe maybe she can learn to do it at home.
(by herself I doubt it and the other problem is she travels frequently for
her job). I dont' know his age(she lives a few states away from me but would
imagine less than 10?) he was a rescue and she's had him several years. does
anyone know some good websites or yahoo group for this? thank you in
advance.
barbara

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.