Hi Guys,
I can't make up my mind about Spencer. He's been on the dex shots since 9/7. I started to half his dose eod on Sat. It doesn't seemed to have had any negative effect. If it wasn't for the fact that he's all but stopped eating, I would think he was on his way to recovery. He's so emaciated now. He continues to enjoy life, he does things that are not at all in line with someone that is dying. He has decided that the roof of our outside habitat is the perfect place to get away from it all and somehow he scales the 8 foot fence to climb up there. The first day he did it I helped him down, figuring he wouldn't be able to do it himself. I was wrong. I haven't seen him do it, but he gets up and down on his own. He's active during the night and his eyes are bright. He's not hiding, he's not sleeping excessively, when he sees me approach he meows hello to me, if only he would eat! I've tried assit feeding him. He stresses out and won't swallow. He acts like he's interested in food, sometimes he'll take a couple of bites, then he makes a face like the food is his enemy, like it makes his stomach hurt to eat. It doesn't seem like he's not eating because he's preparing to die, it's like it hurts to eat, so he won't eat.

Bruce thinks I should leave him alone, that I shouldn't bring him back to the vet. He thinks that I'll only be making the time he has left miserable to do so. I just don't know what to do. When I ask Spencer about going to the vet to see if they can help, I swear I hear him say NO! No more vets! I don't know if this is wishful thinking on my part, but I keep wanting to save him. We never had a diffinative diagnosis... I hate the idea of him slowly starving to death. I hate the idea of pts before he's ready. I hate the idea of bringing him to the vet and putting him through the poking and proding. I just don't know what to do.

Thanks for listening,
Nina