Orchestral instrumental parts are not always printed on separate staves,
so perhaps you need to rethink your modus operandi.

Often Flutes 1 and 2 are on the same staff on a single part, same with
most woodwind and brass parts.  So the horn parts are often Horn I/II
and III/IV in newer works and Horn I/III and II/IV in older works,
making two staves in the score and only two printed parts (with copies,
of course so each player gets a part to practice from.)

My opinion as a conductor, is that I can work most easily and quickly
when my score shows EXACTLY what the instrumentalists see, so if my
score is horn I/II on a single staff, the instrumentalists should see
the same on their parts.  That way I can more clearly be sure we all
understand which part should play which notes.

That should make your inputting job much easier.

If for any reason you feel the parts need their own staves, and maybe
even their own separate pieces of paper, what you would do would be to
create your score the way you want it (i.e. multiple parts on single
staves) and then extract the parts to their own files.

Then, to keep on with the horn I/II example, you would open the part
file and then you would explode the music so that each horn part was on
its own staff and from here you would extract the second staff to its
own file and then delete the second staff from the hornI/II file.

But by all means get the score to look exactly as you want it -- it has
been my experience that it is far easier to work with extracted parts
than to create a score to extract parts from and then from that score to
attempt to force it into my desired end result.

Others may feel completely different on this issue, and I do hope others
chime in with different working methods.

--
David H. Bailey