At 4:07 PM -0400 9/27/02, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>On 9/27/02 3:37 PM or thereabouts, Christopher BJ Smith
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> intoned:
>
>>  I'm starting to come over to your way of thinking - if I change ALL
>>  the regular notation to Layer 4, then I don't have to do it more than
>>  once. Then I can put in bars and bars of quarter rests in Layer 1 by
>>  holding down the 5 key, convert it to blank notation in one fell
>>  swoop, and type my chords in merrily without worrying about switching
>>  layers. Neat.
>
>Even easier -- do one bar of quarter rests in Layer 1.  Apply Blank
>Notation.  Select "Display Only Active Layer."  Make sure Staff Styles are
>set in the "Items to Copy" dialog, then copy that one measure 999 times.

Um, yeah, but if I have used the Tempo expression from the Setup
Wizard, it, too gets repeated 999 times, and if I have ever set any
double bars, entered rehearsal marks, or any other measure-specific
items, they too get repeated, or else erased by the duplication
procedure. I suppose what i SHOULD do is do that first, but I usually
only get to the rhythm parts last. My bad...