At 5:18 PM 12/05/02, David H. Bailey wrote:

>Entering them first and turning them into grace notes later is NOT
>"automatic" in my book -- it's just a different workaround.
>
>How is it any quicker than entering them as grace notes and while the
>cursor is on the second grace note hitting the / key to beam them?
>
>Automatic would imply that simply entering two grace notes they would
>"automatically" be beamed with no further effort necessary.

I agree that the two workarounds are about equally difficult (ie, not
very...), but I'm confused by your distinction between "entering them first
and turning them into grace notes later" as opposed to "entering them as
grace notes".  Am I missing something here?  It seems to me that regardless
of whether you use the "/" key or convert to graces in reverse order,
either way you still have to enter it as a big note and then change it to a
grace.

Is this perhaps a difference between QWERTY Speedy and MIDI Speedy?

mdl (who uses caps-lock QWERTY Speedy)