Dear Listers,

1. I have a set of variations in a single file. What is the best way to create a pause in the playback between the variations? My solution works, but it's pretty kludgy: I insert a bar between the variations, remove its bar line and rests, set its duration with the tempo tool, and change the measure width to zero.

2. Unfortunately, when I make a MIDI file of the variations, all tempo changes entered with the tempo tool are ignored as well as those I entered using Jari's great JW Tempo plug-in. Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to enter all tempo changes as text expressions with playback assignments (a kludge if there ever was one!)?

Hal
--
Harold Owen
2830 Emerald St., Eugene, OR 97403