(Sharing a lot of complaints about OS X...)

On 25.01.2003 23:56 Uhr, Matthew Hindson wrote

>> Will we be forced to switch to OS X to be able to use future versions
>> of Finale? Or will there be 2 versions?
>
> I could only imagine that it will be a Carbonized version, and thus we
> should be able to run it in 9 and X.  To do otherwise would necessitate
> rewriting the entire application, IIRC.  Still, you never know.

I don't think this is quite true, and I sure hope Coda will do like most
other software houses are doing now: bring out two versions of Finale, one
optimized for OS 9, one for OS X. They can still share much of the same
carbonized code, but those parts that are speed sensitive, especially screen
drawing should be optimized. We are seeing this even in Acrobat Reader now,
and Bias Peak is another app that is taking this route.

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de