Craig Parmerlee writes:

> If this is a difficult feature to incorporate into Finale, the only
> explanation is that the programmers did not plan for this requirement.  My
> suggestion is that they get help.  Find somebody who understands how to
> plan for inter-release compatibility.  When you have the right technical
> strategy, this is not a difficult problem.

This discussion comes up at least once a year, and it seems to never add
any new or useful information.
HOWEVER, as you perhaps know, there is a relatively easy way to
provide good backwards document compatibility from Fin2003 and
upwards.
And then there's the MusicXML format, although that'll loose most of the
formatting.

> For the less computer-intense folks, here's an analogy.  Doing a 4-part
> voicing in realistic Bach fugue style is terribly difficult if you don't
> know what you're doing.  For an accomplished arranger, it is just about
> automatic.

Where's the analogy?

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson