Craig Parmerlee writes:

> But that misses the point.  Why would anybody ever want to hear the wrong
> pitch?  And why should it be necessary to go through a convoluted
> workaround to do something as simple as hear the right pitch?  This isn't a
> "characteristic".  It is a long-standing bug, a flaw, an annoyance.

There are engravers that think this is the way it _should_ work!
The reasoning goes like this: When you're entering notes from a printed
source, engravers are interested in "hearing" that the entered note "looks"
right, instead of getting the resulting pitch.

> Just
> because some people have grown accustomed to the warts is not a good reason
> to perpetuate this illogical mode of operation IMHO.
>
> If there were an option to do it both ways, I'd strongly encourage the
> default to be set such that you hear the right pitch all the time.  For
> those who don't want to hear the right pitch, there could be an option
> button called "Have Finale play the wrong pitch".

Tell Coda/MakeMusic! The reason this hasn't been implemented as an
option must be since there haven't been getting enough complaints about
it, since it surely can't be a difficult option to implement...

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson