Please don't generalize. Some of us prefer Eb to Bass!

Ronald M. Krentzman
R&M Music Preparation

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Tim Thompson
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 12:28 PM
To: finale list
Subject: Re: [Finale] Doubling for Pops Orchestra Wind Players

And I don't know about bassoonists, but I would guess that 80% to 90% of
clarinetists relish the occasional opportunity to play a juicy bass part.  I
bet that if you do one contra, one bass, and one Bb, then the Bb player will
be at least a little envious of the others.  Clarinetists generally love the
low register, and secretly wish they could play lower.  I've even seen them
jump at the opportunity to play bassett horns for Mozart orchestrations (and
that's no picnic)!