At 05:01 PM 6/13/03 -0400, David W. Fenton wrote:
>Right now I'm struggling with the program Dennis recommended, which
>seems to make all the files at 192bits, as they are bigger than my
>128bit files made with FreeRip. EAC also has more trouble keeping
>track of my CD drive, which FreeRip has no problems with.

EAC has a configuration panel under "Compression Options", Waveform tab,
Sample format. Click that list, and choose your poison.

Yes, EAC is more complicated than the rest. It will also give you the best
results because of the number of options for accuracy that the others don't
even try. (Compare multiple extractions of the same file and see how many
times they are identical -- you'll be surprised how much difference there
can be.)

I also have CDex and a number of others. The only one I trust is EAC.

Dennis