On 13 Jun 2003 at 14:10, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

> on 6/13/03 2:01 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
>
> > Right now I'm struggling with the program Dennis recommended, which
> > seems to make all the files at 192bits, as they are bigger than my
> > 128bit files made with FreeRip. EAC also has more trouble keeping
> > track of my CD drive, which FreeRip has no problems with.
> >
> > I like the additional control in EAC, but I can't get it to work.
>
> FWIW, I use a free little Windows program called CDex.  It's fully
> configurable, and I've never had a problem with it.  For optimum
> performance, find a copy of the LAME encoder DLL somewhere, and use CDex as
> a front-end.

Well, EAC is set up to use LAME and it's producing MP3 files larger
than those produced by FreeRip. However, I did manage somehow to
produce one file that was much smaller, but I could never do it
again. There seems to be some problem with configuring the
parameters, that the LAME encoder is not getting passed the right
information to know what to do.

I've given up on it.