Aaron Sherber writes:

> The new Simple Entry commands are very powerful (and customizable), but
> contrary to Jari's opinion I do not think this is now the entry method of
> choice for those of us working without a MIDI keyboard.

I did not say that. I said just for _adding_ new material.

> Some of the
> commands are quite nice -- especially those for adding notes to a chord --
> but it doesn't compare to the convenience of being able to use the computer
> keyboard as a 3-octave entry tool. Having to type the letter names A-G, and
> having access to only one octave at a time, seems to make entry much slower
> than with Speedy.

...but it's very easy to move between the octaves...

> Perhaps most annoyingly, the display system is unacceptably slow. Moving
> almost any item (articulation, expression, smart shape, etc.) results in an
> unacceptable amount of latency before the screen shows the move I've just
> made. This makes tweaking the positioning of objects *much* slower than it
> used to be, because I can't move at the speed I want to. If this is the
> price to pay for never having to hit Ctrl-D, I'd rather have it the other
> way.

Did you try clearing the temp folder? Not that this will solve all the speed
issues on hires or slow systems, which is a know issue (but let
MakeMusic! know about it anyway).

> AND it's not true that the screen now always displays correctly.

In my review I said: "Another way of putting it: if you still encounter
situations where the screen does not display as it should, make sure to
report the bug to the technical support!"

> I can
> reproduce a situation where changing some things in the Expression dialog
> and then closing the dialog leaves a small colored halo around each
> expression's selection box, and Ctrl-D doesn't even get rid of it.

Ctrl+D will have little effect in the new update system, since everything is
cached. Instead, use Ctrl+Shift+D for buggy situations.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson