Well, y'all are good, real good! I sent my sound problem to the list, then to Coda regarding Finale 2004 not letting my transcribing software use the sound card. Then I thought I'd catch up on the latest list mail, and read the exchange below. So I renamed the file, opened up both programs, and voila! sound! So, even if you have selected something other than the Smartmusic synth option, Finale is still loading it -- unless of course you've renamed it.

Thanks!

At 04:51 PM 8/27/03, you wrote:
You can try to rename or delete the synthgms.sf2 in the Finale
2004\Component Files folder. This will prevent the file from loading.

Mike Cholewa