David H. Bailey writes:

> Actually I am using the expression (F for forte, metatool 4) as it is in
> your default library, which is set to "beneath staff baseline or entry."

Why on earth are you using the default library anyway?

> I thought the whole idea was that we would be able to enter ALL
> expressions aligned the same.  Now I find out that I will have to go
> through and manually edit EACH and EVERY expression in the new libraries
> if that is the behavior I want.

Just as you for example have to adjust playback or font values for each
expression if those settings don't suit your needs.

> And we can't edit individual expression placements.

WRONG! Each expression has an offset from the default positioning.

> So it seems this is another marketing tool of limited usefulness in the
> real world.

Silly statement IMO. Learn how to use the feature before you complain.

FWIW, Forza! will soon be able to transfer Fin2004 expressions between
files, complete with descriptions and positioning. [I just have to finish a
composition this weekend.] Then you just make the changes in one file
and directly transfer the expressions to all other files where you want
them.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson