I frequently have to deal with collections of pieces, which I like to keep
all in one file. Eg, at the moment I am editing an organ collection
consisting out of 6 pieces. Most of the pieces start on a new page.

Now the composer has decided that he wants what used to be the last three pieces to be the first three pieces. It would be great to have a plugin that can do this for me, ie inserting the systems from the back of the volume at the beginning, including all staff optimization etc., and shift single page text blocks so they stay with the pieces they belong to.

Is this possible?

Johannes

Possible yes, easy no. Here, to the best of my recollection, are the steps.

1) Lock all systems. (This is essential!)
2) At the beginning of the piece, using the Layout tool, Insert Systems of a number equal to the number of systems in the music you want to move.
3) By creating and/or moving measures, set up all the (empty) new systems so that each has the same number of measures as the equivalent system in the music you want to move. Also, lay out the systems themselves in a pattern that duplicates that of the music you want to move.
4) Copy the music into the empty systems.
5) Delete the systems containing the original music.

--
Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press

http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/