On 13.09.2003 22:27 Uhr, Richard Huggins wrote

> Ok...some decent reasons to consider were given. I don't understand the PDF
> headache implied....but I don't work with actual Adobe Distiller or whatever
> it is...I work with a print driver that "prints" the documents to PDF. This
> being the case I would think I could use Print from the Finder and it would
> handle the job.

It will print separate documents, no?

> One big drawback to me would be the slowness of my computer. You guys must
> either have fast machines or are willing to wait for Finale to deal with the
> redraws of all the other pages. How do you handle that?

How do you mean, my computer is a 266 MHz Wallstreet Powerbook. Not exactly
a fast machine by todays standards. But only one page draws at the time
anyway? Yes, Finale gets slower with longer documents, but it's always been
ok for me.

> As for music spacing, I would presume you can't use Select All anymore, that
> you have to manually highlight only the measures of the piece you're
> currently working on. Eh?

Correct.

> When the music of the previous piece ends somewhere other than at the
> bottom, shall I presume that you edit the final system margin to force the
> start of the next piece onto the next page (*IF* you don't want it starting
> on that page, of course)?

No. If I want to have the system start a new page I use the new Page command
in the page layout tool.
The point is that I sometimes have a new pieces starting on the same page,
which can only be done if the two pieces are in the same file.

> What other tricks and tips are there to doing a collection as one
> file--please enlighten me (or us)?

I cannot think of any right away, but if you tell me some problems you have
I am sure I can come up with some solutions.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de