-----Original Message-----

>The second (much better) way is to select the tuplet tool, click the
>first note, set the tuplet up the way I want it, and hit OK. I click
>next on the first note of the NEXT group, and the tuplet I had set up
>is now the default, and I only have to hit Return to apply it. Repeat
>until carpal tunnel syndrome sets in as it still amounts to a hundred
>or so click-returns for Charles Small.

Here's another (IMO) faster and slightly better way of achieving this.  You
can program metatools for tuplets.  Select the tuplet tool and then hold
down Shift + 3 (or shift plus whatever key you want).  The tuplet dialog box
comes up.  Set it to 3 16ths in the time of 2, and any other settings you
need.  Then when you hold down 3 and click on the first of any group, it
will turn it into 16th triplets, EVEN if you have an 8th followed by a 16th.

Colin Broom.