On 09.12.2003 23:19 Uhr, David W. Fenton wrote

> Large hard drives. Store the source files or store the disk images.
> At 650-700MBs for the images, a 100GB hard drive will hold well over
> 100 CDs. And it just isn't all that expensive any more.

Well, after the latest Apple FireWire desaster I am not so sure HDs are all
that save. Besides who tells me which Interface we'll be using in 10 years
time? My current external HD is SCSI, which doesn't seem to have much
future. IDE is going to ATA-S now, which I understand is incompatible to
standard IDE. USB and Firewire are still too young to tell how long they
will last.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com