On 10.12.2003 14:38 Uhr, David W. Fenton wrote

> Uh, every single CD of this particular concert is dead, less than 3
> years after they were created. So, multiple optical backups won't get
> you anything more than a single optical backup.

I recently read an article about poor quality CD Media, where moisture would
eventually enter the CD inside and cause data loss. To be fair this doesn't
mean that CD Media in general is not save.

In my case the CD got scratched. I have no idea how it happened, and I am
still hoping that I can rescue the CD eventually.

I have had hard drives fail on me, too. And one of them was a Windows HD
with NTFS in daily use.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com