On 16.12.2003 21:15 Uhr, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

> For example - a minuet with a crotchet up-beat (pickup?)  with a repeated
> first phrase and an up-beat to the second section.  Finale counts the up-beat
> bar to the 2nd phrase (which contains only one crotchet) as an extra bar.  I
> have to go through the rigmarole of "bar numbers" "edit region" etc
>
> If I could select the last bar of the first phrase (which contains only two
> beats) and the up beat bar (which contains only one beat) and ask finale to
> treat the selected bars as one bar for the purposes of bar numbering life
> would be much easier.

No, there isn't a plugin to do this, and I have suggested such a plugin in
the past. The plugin wouldn't be able to really treat two measures as one,
since Finale doesn't allow that, but it could sort out the barnumber.

However, if you have the Patterson Plugin Collection you can use the Measure
Nos plugin to set up several "templates" which are indeed very easy to use.
I actually delete all measure nos regions and then go through the piece
using that plugin. That way I never have to deal with the measure nos
regions dialog which I hate.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com