Interesting. Using the grace note from the Simple Entry pallette I had the
same result, whether following the time signature/key sig. (as in your gif)
or not.

I don't know if there's any setting that can be changed, but as a workaround
I found that if I entered those same notes as regular 16th notes, then
reduced them to 50%, I got a similar visual look but the 16ths lined up
perfectly. I did have to use the Beat Chart to move the half note to the
right in order to make room, and that of course would affect all the beats
in that measure. Once entered you can use the beat chart again to adjust
things back to the left a little if you prefer.

--Richard