From: Aaron Sherber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Is it a bug or a feature that grace notes on ledger lines get more space than grace notes on the staff?

It must be a feature since grace note is always notated as close to the beat as possible. So there are no special note spacing in grace notes groups and no need to get around it.

By the way, there are a obvious bug in the grace note feature, I do have rapported to Macsupport (it is also in the win version) some years ago. Try this: Enter 1/32 note, 1/8 grace note, 1/32 note and 1/8 grace note, then Edit/Select Partial Measures and select the group of notes and move it to the next beat (or the next measure), then it seems the Music Spacing Algorithms add some extra values. If I do it with Note Mover then the my group will be converted to 3/16. - Because of the delayed situation I don't know if MM have fixed it in 2k4.