On Thursday, December 18, 2003, at 04:52 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

Luckily, there aren't *that* many grace notes in what I'm doing -- but this is really annoying. Thanks for the tip.

Hm, I guess I'm just used to it then. I do vocal music almost exclusively, and as often as not it's classical, so I'm always dealing with grace notes and lyrics. If music spacing is left to its own devices, it pushes the grace note to the left so that it doesn't "collide" with the lyric syllable under the big note. Adjusting grace notes is a routine part of the job for me.

I think that engravers who do vocal music are accustomed to doing a lot more tweaking of spacing than engravers who do non-vocal music. (Either that or they just let the music go out with crappy spacing. I've seen plenty of that, too....)

mdl