On 18.12.2003 1:21 Uhr, Philip Aker wrote

> On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 02:34 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>
>> While we are on the question of PDF creation, does anyone know how to
>> control what fonts are included in a System created PDF? I find that
>> PDFs created directly from the print dialog are much larger than PDFs
>> created by printing a PS file and sending them through Ghostscript,
>> and I cannot find any other reason than fonts. Or should I get Pstill
>> after all?
>
> Maybe not. In the Print Dialog, in the popup where you first see Copies
> & Pages, there is a ColorSync item. Choose that, then you will see some
> filters available. One of them is "Reduce File Size". You may also use
> the ColorSync Utility directly. It's got quite a few capabilities I
> didn't know about until recently. Includes the ability to preview the
> effects as applied to images and PDFs.

That only seems to downsample images. Not sure that I want that.

In OS 9 there were settings on which fonts should be included in PS files
and how. Where have those options gone in OS X?

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de