On 17 Dec 2003 at 8:09, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> As a very fast user of ALT-TAB and CTL-TAB (and not having seen this
> new Mac thing), I don't think I'd be using such a feature because I'm
> at the keyboard, not the mouse. And a screen full of little windows
> doesn't seem especially different from the window full of program
> icons that pops up with ALT-TAB -- except that I'd have to reach for
> the mouse in 'expose'.

What if Alt-Tab were mapped to Expose, so you didn't have to use the
mouse to activate it? To me it seems obvious that it would be great
to have as much information displayed onscreen as possible about the
windows open.

Also, having Expose also available for navigating between document
windows *within* an application seems like a very good thing. In
Windows programs, yes, we can Ctrl-F6, but that doesn't have the
visual representation that Alt-Tab has, so you're flying blind. Also,
Alt-Tab cycles through the programs, whereas Expose gives you the
direct path, visually.