On Jun 6, 2004, at 6:14 AM, dhbailey wrote:

[answering Noel Stoutenberg, regarding Type in Score entry of lyrics]

and I'd ask some examples to explain this "quirky" behavior, as type into score seems pretty straightforward to me, Select a lyric type (verse, chorus, section), and number, and type the syllable below the note to which it is to be sung.

I know that when I have used type into score I have run into problems in editing the lyrics afterwards and in repairing mistakes I have made. [...]

Bingo. Your problem came when you used Type in Score and then tried to edit with Edit Lyrics afterward. The "quirky behavior" results from combining the two. It is not a problem in Type in Score alone.