At 1:49 AM -0700 7/09/04, Mark D Lew wrote:

(If the back hook length isn't zero by default in the templates, then I agree that's sort of silly, since more often than not you won't want a back hook, and it's easier to add one than get rid of one. But if so, that's a flaw of the templates, not the program. Lord knows there's plenty of other dumb settings in Coda's templates....)

Make sure that you send any suggestions of improvements to odd template settings to MakeMusic, as they are trying to improve Finale's out-of-the-box usability (and rightly so!) I have already done so on several occasions, and lo and behold some of them were incorporated into later versions of Finale's defaults.

Christopher