At 05:03 PM 8/23/04, you wrote:
On 21 Aug 2004 at 18:57, Christopher Smith wrote:

> One is a Logitech cordless optical mouse

Wait until the batteries start to run out.

Which should be about two hours after you hook it up.

More specifically: none of my clients have kept used a cordless mouse
for very long, because the batteries run out so quickly, and start
causing unreliability of the mouse pointer so soon that it's just too
annoying to deal with.

Sure, it's annoying when the batteries run out, but just change 'em! I've actually had quite good luck with a Microsoft Optical Mouse -- works like it's supposed to, and the batteries last at least 8 weeks and more. It seems I've only changed them about 4 or 5 times in the 20 months I've had it -- got it for Xmas 2002. My buddy, however, had problems with his mouse, which were solved when he upgraded his computer.

I love the cordless mouse - cuts down on the clutter, as I use a MIDI keyboard for Finale. It's well worth trying out -- just get it from someplace which will give you a refund or credit if it doesn't work for you.

Giz