Mariposa Symphony Orchestra wrote:

Wow. If it's just about 'getting it right' then we can all go home. No live performance - no CD, no matter how many takes it's been mastered from -- no account can ever be perfectly perfectly dead-on absolutely-as-it-can-be right on the money perfect. Or -- merely be 'gotten right.' But that's not really what it's all about, at lenot ast in my book.

Besides which, "right" varies from performance to performance. What works tonight with this audience may not work tomorrow with that audience. Music is more than just the notes, after all.

cd