> Christopher Smith wrote:
> >
> > On Sep 17, 2005, at 7:12 PM, Nightingale wrote:
> >
> >> I've just received and installed the latest version, upgrading from a
> >> very old one & having a couple of problems.
> >>
> >> 1st - how do I make it select partial measures in mass mover?  It used
> >> to be an icon on my toolbar, but I can't find it now.
> >>

> > Wow, what version are you upgrading from? I don't ever even remember
> > that, and I started in 3.2!
> >
> > It's in the Edit menu, about halfway down. We all wish there was a
> > one-click keystroke to toggle that on and off, but it hasn't happened
> > yet. Remember to uncheck it when you're done, as you get wacky results
> > drag copying when you THINK you've selected a whole measure,
> but haven't
> > really.
> >

> It's also on the Edit toolbar

If you have TGTools, you can put this on a keystroke toggle using the
keyboard remapper, an unheralded but incredibly useful feature.  Any menu
item appearing in Finale, at any depth, can be remapped to a key, as can
regular Finale keystrokes.  Besides "Select Partial Measures", I've got all
the major tools, several plug-ins, and a number of other options ("Show
Hidden Notes", "Favor Sharps/Flats", etc.) mapped to keys.  Believe me, once
you get used to this, it's hard to imagine doing without it.

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
http://www.leeactor.com