Was your father impressed with your taste in popular music in the 60s?

Interestingly, it was my father (b. 1927) who introduced me to Sgt. Peppers. He had read a review of it on an airplane and was so intrigued he went out and bought it. My only other Beatles exposure at the time was a 45 single with I Wanna Hold Your Hand and I Saw Her Standing There. We wore out that record *and* my father's Sgt. Peppers. (I was about 10 at the time Sgt. Peppers came out.)

Other than occasional radio play, I really only came to the rest of the Beatles during their second big wave of popularity.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com