On Aug 12, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 12.08.2006 Richard Smith wrote:
If I understand your question, Sibelius will allow you to select a note or entire passage and, with one click, convert it into a cue. You can also easily turn off the sound in the passage (or note by note if you prefer).

Does this mean that Sibelius can define notes as "cues"? That sounds like the first step of what I imagine. Finale doesn't actually know anything about cues, it just knows small notes in a different layer, which is not quite the same...

If you are using Finale's Create Cue plugin, you get just about everything you need, except, of course, mirror behaviour. You can turn off playback for Layer 4 on any staff with a cue, assuming you are reserving Layer 4 for cues.

It seems to me that adding a mirror behaviour option (or even a non- playback option) to the existing plugin should be an easy enough task for some programmer. Feature Request!

And of course, the plugin already works fine on staves with music already entered in the same measure.

TG Tools' similar plugin gives you even more options, so you can choose whether the cue stems are up or down, etc.

Christopher