You sir, are totally not informed.

I used to own a Power Computing computer (mac clone). Nothing but problems (ie: cheaper not equal to better). Steve Jobs wisely discontinued the clone licensing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_clone

John T Sylvanis wrote:
Not only that, but when the MAC becomes obsolete you can throw it away
because upgrading is a pathetic endeavor at best, if at all possible.
Wintel is easily upgradable hardware as well as software wise. Too bad
that Apple has not liberalized its platform so that people can take to
building standard Mac computers. It happened in the nineties that they
did for awhile and when some East Asian cos produced much cheaper
versions, Apple promptly discontinued the franchises. In this way a great
number of its partisans are shortchanged, and it is why I completely
renounced Apple as a possible working platform.
John.