I also asked MM why any of the libraries I used/created in Fin2K6 would
not load (Chord Symbols, Shape Expressions, Shapes, Articulations) in
Fin2K7 but got no response to that question. Very frustrating, because I
decided to use a new template (from 2K7) to work on a new piece (rather
than what I have done in the past, which is: open an older template that I
had customized). SO, I opened up a new 2K7 template, modified and tried to
load my customized libraries, and none of them loaded. It just blinked at
me when I said "Open Library" and I'd go to check to see if the
corresponding items were now updated, and see no changes. The reason I was
using Fin2K7 template was I had major problems with the playback features
(using Garritan) when I opened a Finale doc that had been created in an
earlier version that 2K7. (dynamics would not affect some staves,
including hairpins, score and note expressions would have no impact on the
dynamic levels on various staves, even when I deleted the existing symbols
and replaced them, even when I reset the Velocity of the entire staff
using the midi tool; etc.; I even tried re-entering some of the music to
see if that helped. MM did not address these issues in my tech request and
I gave up asking, and I gave up using 2K7.) NOTE: I am using a Mac G5 Dual
Core 2.0 Ghz with 5.5 GB of ram, and this is the same machine I have been
using Fin2K5 and 2K6 on with no issues.