[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
And, as one who can be excessively finicky about which instrument plays
what, I swore a long time ago that the word "band" would never appear on
any of my title pages precisely because of its imprecise meaning. It's
interesting that MMB Music wrote "Wind Ensemble" on my recently published
Haydn overture transcription (which, btw, includes a specially transposed
oboe part for an obbligato clarinet to be used if no oboe is available).

Interesting -- how many copies have been sold?

As the director of a community band I don't even bother looking at scores marked "Wind Ensemble" because of the more finicky instrumentation requirements. Which really doesn't matter much except to me and my band, but I am curious about the sales figures (not specifics, of course, but have you sold "a few" "some" "a lot" "enough to retire on") since all the other community band directors I know feel the same way.

-----
David H. Bailey