To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Finale] Turn-of-the-century Band Music

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
And, as one who can be excessively finicky about which instrument plays
what, I swore a long time ago that the word "band" would never appear on
any of my title pages precisely because of its imprecise meaning. It's
interesting that MMB Music wrote "Wind Ensemble" on my recently
published
Haydn overture transcription (which, btw, includes a specially
transposed
oboe part for an obbligato clarinet to be used if no oboe is available).

Interesting -- how many copies have been sold?

As the director of a community band I don't even bother looking at
scores marked "Wind Ensemble" because of the more finicky
instrumentation requirements.  Which really doesn't matter much except
to me and my band, but I am curious about the sales figures (not
specifics, of course, but have you sold "a few" "some" "a lot" "enough
to retire on") since all the other community band directors I know feel
the same way.

-----
David H. Bailey

David H. Bailey