David W. Fenton wrote:
Most companies, no matter how large or small, have a policy of responding to any complaints that go directly to the CEO. A client of mine was very unhappy with the support they got for their Dell laptop and I told her to write to Michael Dell. She did, using actual paper and a stamped envelope. A person from the President's office at Dell called her and listened to her problems and then went out to all the heads of the various departments involved and got her satisfaction that she'd been unable to get any other way.

I hardily recommend writing an actual letter to the CEO of any company that has failed you.

And if it doesn't get any results, that tells you it's not a company with a long-term future.

But OTOH is Dell in a business that's highly competitive, with very small profit margins. Microsoft (and even Apple to some extent) for example, built a whole empire on customer arrogance.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson