On 28 Nov 2007 at 22:32, Richard Smith wrote:

> Don't know. I haven't tried that. You can re-map a lot of things but that
> strikes me as one that might not work. I'll play a little and let you know
> what I find. I agree it seems a little unusual but remember that if the
> zoom is set for page width the entire length of the page won't be
> displayed so that way you get both horizontal and vertical movement.

Unless I had a portrait monitor, I'd never want to use it, except (as
in Finale) for actually laying out the page.

What I'd really like is a notation program that had intelligent
navigation around the page, say, Ctrl-Down/Up would take you the
next/previous system. It would take some thought, but if there were
some way to keep a full system onscreen (within reason, of course --
if you're working on an orchestral piece, that's going to require a
really big monitor to be of any use), and then navigate to the next
full system, that would be a big time saver.

Does anyone understand what I mean here?