On 28 Nov 2007 at 17:18, Jari Williamsson wrote:

> And I still don't understand why contacting (and get a response from)
> the CEO is crucial.

Most companies, no matter how large or small, have a policy of
responding to any complaints that go directly to the CEO. A client of
mine was very unhappy with the support they got for their Dell laptop
and I told her to write to Michael Dell. She did, using actual paper
and a stamped envelope. A person from the President's office at Dell
called her and listened to her problems and then went out to all the
heads of the various departments involved and got her satisfaction
that she'd been unable to get any other way.

I hardily recommend writing an actual letter to the CEO of any
company that has failed you.

And if it doesn't get any results, that tells you it's not a company
with a long-term future.