Thank you Noel, that was it!

Raimund Lintzen

Noel Stoutenburg schrieb:
Raimund Lintzen wrote:
Hello to all,

it seems to be that my Finale 2008a on WinXp
does'nt give me more than a little stamp of the whole page
in the left-upper corner of a DIN A4 sheet
when printing with HP4MV or to pdf with Acraobat 5.0.
Sounds like a problem I have occasionally with a different printer. When it happens to me, it means that the settings of the paper and page size in Finale do not agree with the paper settings in the printer driver. In my case, if I want the effect, I set Finale for two up printing in landscape mode, and load paper into the printer in portrait mode. If I then send a single page to the printer, it prints an image in the upper left hand corner of the page, sized so that two pages would fit within the width of the selected paper, though this happens to be larger than a postage stamp.

There are at least three (and perhaps more) places where you have to make sure you have the proper page size and orientation selected: in the "paper size" submenu of the layout tool; in the Finale print dialog box; and in the printer driver dialog.

ns