Chuck Israels / 08.3.3 / 6:46 PM wrote:

>Also, is there a place on my computer that I can keep a copy of the
>preferences that Finale will not see it and get confused, and what is
>a good, step by step procedure to follow when Finale will not open?

Anywhere but Finale folder and ~/Library/Preferences folder, in my
guesses.  If in doubt, you can just zip it up and leave it to anywhere :-)

When you say Finale will not open, I assume Finale is crashing.  You can
send me the crash log privately if you want.  I can give a half-baked-
educated guess.  Also open /Utilities/Console.app and watch what system
log get produced when Finale crashes.  You can copy the lines and send
it to me.

Chuck, have you tried DiskWarrior?

One other possibility is somewhere along the line permission bit is
screwed so Finale can't close pref file I/O.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>