Hi Allen,

On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Fisher, Allen wrote:

Chuck--

You've received some good suggestions, I'll just add one more:

1. Put in your system restore (or operating system if you've upgraded your OS...)

I have upgraded the OS to 10.5.2, and since we bought a family pack of the OS, and I have sent the disks to our daughter in GA, I don't have the disk - ugh. I can get it back after a mail delay, of course.

disk
2. Reboot, holding down the C key
3. Select a language.
4. Go to the Utilities menu and choose Disk Utility

Can't get to "Repair." It is not available - maybe have to "Verify" first?

5. Select your hard drive, and click Repair disk.
6. When that's finished, click Repair permissions.

I did repair permissions and sent Hiro a screen shot of what permissions seemed to need repair, but he says this was not the root of the problem.

I am beginning to accept the likelihood that this is a problem on my system and not a Finale issue, since others don't seem to have the same experience.

I have also had Sleep/Energy Saver problems where the computer freezes after being left on overnight and requires "hard" shutdown and reboot. Seems to me that as Eric suggested, this may be part of the problem. I will try his instructions, though I don't know what I will find when I get to the "shell" he describes. I have never tried anything like that.

Thanks for the attention - all of you who are responding.

Chuck

7. Reboot and see if you have fewer issues.