On Jun 20, 2008, at 4:56 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

jd IMAP / 08.6.20 / 4:31 PM wrote:

To me it's a lot like writing a C4 chord
symbol versus a Csus4.

Oh, c'mon!  They are not the same!
C4 means no 5th, while C sus4 means it contains 5th.

Besides, C4 is very dangerous!  Highly explosive.

I understand languages change, but that doesn't mean it is OK to be incorrect.

What exactly do you understand C4 to mean, then? It is different from what I thought, apparently, so even more reason to avoid it.

I have used non-traditional chord symbols before, but I put an incipit at the top of the chart explaining it. Like when I have a piece that has a lot of Cadd9omit3, I use C2, but I don't expect everyone to know what it is, as it is non-traditional.

Christopher