At 1:31 PM -0400 6/28/08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Christopher!

I used to have those types of problems with the original writing program,
Professional Composer. I swore to NEVER learn another program & haven't. Sure
is frustrating.

Professional Composer was a real dog, no question. Absolutely nothing professional about it! But its replacement, Composer's Mosaic, was a whole new ballgame. It was the first really complex program I ever learned, and I had a very frustrating learning curve, but at least it had a decent utility to import Composer files. And right from the beginning (c. 1992?) it had linked score and parts, which took Finale what, 10 years to implement? Missing bells and whistles we've come to expect, of course, but eventually I could get exactly what I wanted out of it.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.