On 28 Jun 2008 at 11:30, Mariposa Symphony Orchestra wrote:

> Couldn't save to disc, couldn't do a damned thing except:
> print the score - which I did, as a .PDF - so that as a last resort I
> could attempt to recreate the file through PDFtoMusic.

You didn't mention these things, so I'm wondering if you tried them:

1. export via the MusicXML plugin.

2. SAVE AS new file (that's probably what you mean by "save to disc,"
I assume).

3. create a new blank document and copy and paste into the new
document.

All of your problems are the reason I still recommend using an
UNDELETE program. Users of the latest version of Mac OS X get this
feature out of the box (can't remember what it's called, but it keeps
versions of your files for recovery). An undelete program will keep
all saved versions of your MUS, BAK and ASV files and you can roll
back to any one that has not been cleared from the undelete cache. I
use Excecutive Undelete, which has been acquired by somebody and
renamed, but a Google search on it still gets you there last time I
checked (limited connectivity right now, so can't check for you).