Yup, David - I did mention (in my previous e-mail) trying your recommended #s 2
and 3 in addition to trying to save to a disc, but not your #1....

I even tried taking my platform (XP) to a restore point (the previous evening)
but even that did no good: the file(s) were still missing and an in-depth
search (including hidden files) turned up nothing.

Many thanks for suggesting Executive Undelete - it looks/sounds like a great
future failsafe.    Undelete Pro also looks promising.

Thanks, David - as always, your advice is much appreciated.

Les Marsden
(209) 966-6988
New Cell: (559) 708-6027
7145 Snyder Creek Road
Mariposa, CA  95338-9641

Founding Music Director and Conductor,
The Mariposa Symphony Orchestra
Music and Mariposa?  Ahhhhh, Paradise!!!

http://arts-mariposa.org/symphony.html
http://www.geocities.com/~jbenz/lesbio.html