Tyler Turner wrote:

--- On Wed, 7/30/08, dhbailey
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Absent a true programming need, there is no logical
reason for such a limitation because any such change in
the number

of staff lists would have involved programming time
which would better have been spent elsewhere.

I don't think that would be the case. Given the new
design, I think it's a good bet they had to redo a bunch
of the staff list functionality anyway, and if anything,
it would probably have been extra programming effort to
allow for the ability to create staff lists in the new
system. Regardless, I don't think that's the reason it's
not in there. I think the reason it's not in there is
related to publishers complaining about receiving user
files that had terribly indiscriminate use of staff lists
which translated into more work for them.

I don't understand how the number of staff lists a person uses would in any way be an inconvenience to a publisher.

How would it create more work for a publisher?